Thomas Delain

School Counselor

MEd.

Where are you from?

I was born in New York, USA, and moved to Atlanta, Georgia when I was 7. I have been living in Atlanta ever since.

Where did you attend College?

I graduated from the greatest university in the world, Penn State University, in State College, Pennsylvania with a Bachelor’s of Art degree in Journalism with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism. I also minored in Rehabilitation and Human Services. Then, I attended Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia where I received my Masters of Education degree in School Counseling.

What inspired you to become a school counselor?

I wanted to become a school counselor because I had very little help with college and personal issues when I was in high school, so I wanted to be someone who helped high school kids through the same issues I faced. My favorite part of this job is getting to know the students on a personal level and being an additional supportive and encouraging adult in their lives.

Memberships and Affiliations

I am a member of the International Association of College Admissions Counseling (IACAC), the American School Counselor Association (ASCA), and the International School Counselor Association (ISCA).