Ifrecak Miller

School Counselor

MS Certified Life Coach for Kids

Where are you from?

I was born in Jamaica my family moved to New York when I was 14 years old. I lived and worked in the beautiful city of Miami as a College Counselor before moving to Kuwait.

Where did you attend College?

I was educated in the Northeast, primarily in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York. I have had the good fortune be educated in many different educational settings. Including boarding school, Liberal Arts College, large state university and community college. I earned my BA in Photography and Theater from New York State University at Albany. I completed all my psychology prerequisites for my masters at Hudson Valley Community College and earned my Masters from Sage Graduate College graduating with a 4.0 GPA.  This year, I successfully completed the CIJ for Kids Teacher Training Program based on the Stanford University Program Creativity in Business to become a

Certified Life Coach for Kids

I love school as you can see and I am a scholar at heart. I challenge myself to keep learning and growing both professionally and personally each day.

What inspired you to become a school counselor?

My own journey in education has inspired me to help others find their paths. I know it can be difficult to choose one's pathway. Becoming a school counselors positions me as an educator who can understand the challenges or making school a priority for teens. I remind students each day why they matter, why school matters and why they should never give up. I love working with our school, our kids and our team. I look forward to supporting students and parents in their educational journeys

Memberships and Affiliations

I am a member of the International Association of College Admissions Counseling (IACAC) and the American School Counselor Association.(ASCA)