Principals' Messages

It is with great pride that I serve our Early Years Campus in Jabriya where many wonders unfold. We believe that children deserve to learn and grow in a safe, caring and nurturing environment. Our dedicated team knows the value of each individual child, and provides meaningful explorations to promote children’s well-being and encourage learning in all domains while, at the same time, take advantage of key moments to instruct children in challenging ways. Our Pre-Nursery program is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning; each child seeks to realize their identity and make their voice heard. Nursery children explore via play-based learning centers coupled with a rich balanced literacy program. Character Education is a key component of learning, and we promote the Tribes philosophy and agreements which include attentive listening, the right to pass, mutual respect and appreciation.

I am Canadian and began my teaching career in 1989. I first came to Kuwait in 2001 to teach at Al-Bayan Bilingual School as a grade one teacher. After seven years in the south of France, where I was head teacher of the Early Years Program at Marseille Private International School, I returned to Al-Bayan in 2012.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Administration followed by a Bachelor of Education from the University of Ottawa, Canada. I completed a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Elementary Education at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. Then, in 2006, I graduated from West Virginia University, USA with a Master of Science in Physical Education and Teacher Education.

As Deputy Principal of Jabriya, I embrace both the challenges and successes of learning as I am surrounded by an outstanding team of educators, supportive parents and amazing children.  I look forward to a Wonderful School Year!

Ms. Suzanne Morin
Head of Pre-Nursery/Nursery