Principals' Messages

Al-Bayan Bilingual School (BBS) has had a towering presence in my life for the past 25 years. I joined the Al Bayan family in 1991 as a math coordinator. In 1999 I took on the role of interim deputy principal and then the following year I was appointed as the principal of the high school. As principal I have been honored to graduate 15 generations of students and watch them grow into leading representatives of the Arab Nation, in the world at large. This has been so amply demonstrated by the BBS alumni, who have pursued successful careers in diplomacy, business, education, science, medicine, and more.

My training for this role began with my receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics which was followed by a Master’s Degree in Education and School Administration. The following year I was awarded the Principal’s Certificate. Over the years I have attended many conferences, relating to leadership, in education. The latest workshop attended was on incorporating character education within the day to day curriculum. The introduction of Tribes at the end of last year has already brought about a change in the culture of the school. BBS has always been a caring environment but with the implementation of Tribes, this culture of kindness has increased ten- fold.

Al-Bayan Bilingual School is a pioneering force with its commitment to high quality education while striking a balance between both Arab and International values. BBS has also focused on developing the interpersonal and life skills of our students, which has resulted in a campus that is always buzzing with activities, be it academic or extra-curricular. Each student is trying to find a way to leave his/her mark in this world in an environment that is nurturing and supportive, which we call the “Al-Bayan Family”. It gives me great pride that Al-Bayan Bilingual School turns out young men and women who are not only excellent students but also caring, global citizens who realize their societal and environmental duties.

I am privileged to be part of this learning institute that is molding the future citizens of Kuwait and the world. I look forward to working with all our current and prospective High School parents to support the education of our children.

Mr. Jihad Sadeddin
Principal

Welcome back to Al-Bayan Bilingual School! We are excited to get the 2016-2017 school year started.  As a school community, we look forward to working with students, teachers, parents, and families to ensure that all students have a rich, fulfilling year.  It never fails, in my nineteen years in education, that the beginning of the school year brings a sense of renewal and excitement.

At Al-Bayan (BBS), our focus is on your student as a whole.  As a school, we work to prepare your child for challenges of the 21st century and focus on critical thinking and real-world problem based learning in our curricula.  We value the academic success of our students as well as their character development and strive to ensure that our students are fully rounded global citizens.  This year, we will be using the Tribes process and renewing and expanding our commitment to community service as part of character development. We strive for all BBS community members to use the four Tribes agreements (Mutual Respect, Attentive Listening, Right to Pass, and Appreciation).

As a school we provide many different ways that students, parents, and teachers can be actively involved in our community.  Students have a plethora of activities to become involved in during their high school career and teachers and parents play an integral role in our community, supporting their students by modeling expectations and reinforcing students’ independence and self-responsibility.

As always, the Student Services office in the high school at Al-Bayan is here to help students and parents navigate their way through the high school rules, procedures, and student life.  Students are encouraged to stop by our office to give their input or to seek guidance.  Please feel free to call or make an appointment to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help make this year the best yet!

Ms. Laura Devine
Deputy Principal